RE: GEN X doesn't want Social Security anyway

Matt,
   Speak for yourself.  My name is Charlie Hoyt and I am 15 years old.
I believe in Social Security and if you knew how seniors (our parents
and grandparents) suffered in poverty before the system was instated,
you would too.
   The Social Security "reform" movement in this country is misguided.
If social security is left alone, it will be fine until the year 2034.
After that, it will be able to operate at 70 percent capacity.  The Wall
Street executives and the politicians they own want "reform" in the form
of so-called individual investment accounts.  This would mean that they get
millions in administrative fees.  It would also mean that the funds are
risked in insecure stocks.
    The solution is obvious, raise the earned-income tax cap.
Bill Gates presently pays 72000 dollars into the Social Security
System anually, yet he is the richest man in the world.  Make these
people pay their fair share and the system will last for years into
the future.
           Charlie Hoyt