S.S. Fraud and other suggestions

I am personally aware of several cases of fraud against the S.S. System. Most of these are cases of businessmen that transfer their incomes to their younger wives while they collect their S.S. checks. In one case the man is a millionaire with an income in six figures. He also remarried late in life and has several children each receiving an additional 50% of his fraudulent S.S. check. This type of fraud should not be that difficult to curtail with the potential of our present computers. They could be programed to show large increases in spousal income for five years before and after anyone starts collecting S.S.

The policy of allowing a 50% bonus to recipients of S.S. for dependents under 18 does not make much sense. Why sould we pay these benefits to people who happen to raise a family late in life or remarry to a younger woman with children. This dependent policy should only include spouses. I have been told that the non-disability dependent cost is 1.6 billion per year. This does not include disability benefits.

The taxing of S.S. should never have happened. The money collected from this tax should be diverted back into the S.S. System. If we did this with 10% increments each year the government would never miss it and it could be the one item that could save the system.