RE: To Gerry Shea: Can you defend the Clinton Plan?

I'm part of the "twenty-something" group that understands Social Security will not be solvent at our retirement age.

My questions is: Why can we not have a real bill that would allow us to opt out of this social program, and invest the money into our personal 401k or other programs.

I find that it is not fare that some county/city governments that opted out of Social Security years ago.. are having employees retire rich because their retirement plans earned more money than social security. And furthermore, those same employees that do not pay social security tax, do not pay for programs that I must pay.... this is clearly not equal taxation under the law. Its favoring one group over another.

Is it possible to have a simple option that says.. If you do not want to be a part of the governments social program, check here?

Jason