RE: Trust Fund

>From: Javier Jimenez

Other than b), none of your comments have anything to do with the Trust Fund. They were addressed to SS in general. And b) is pretty much misguided. Since the federal govt can borrow from any person on the planet who has the money and wants to invest, and all those mutual funds, pension funds, etc who like the safety and security of US Treasury securities, I hardly think they would miss the Trust Fund as part of the pool. Indeed, since the trust fund money would still probably exist somewhere (unless the FICA tax was reduced and the workers merely spent the money), it would still be in the pool.