RE: Just a thought...

James,

    Touche.  Good point.  I believe this debate would go much smoother
if those involved would be willing to admit that any solution that
will have any chance of actually solving the problem at hand will
be much more complex than many seem to believe.  My point was not
proposed as a solution to the problem, but rather a step that should
be examined in the process of determining what steps we are willing
to take to resolve the current crisis.  As I said, there is no
quick, easy solution to this problem, but I believe that my point
can be part of a quilt of reforms that will help solve the problem.
I don't have the answer, but I think the emphasis should be on
looking at a multitude of possible solutions, and deciding what
combination will work to solve the problem, not just dismissing
individual ideas because they will not solve the problem by
themselves.

Yours,

Jeremy Kidd