RE: Taxing salary over $72,600 for Social Security

I believe that everyone should contribute to Social Security at one tax rate for all. That is, no matter the source or quantity of income it should be taxed at the same percentage for all people.
To me, that appears obvious and not controversial.
However, I have another more controversial opinion. I would like to see all governmental and private pension funds cancelled and a nation-wide old-age pension established. This pension would provide each citizen with an equal stipend to be commensed at a determined age. The Pension would be equal for all.
I think this would do wonders for the legislation affection Social Security as the legislators who enact the legislation regulating it would also be dependent upon the system they put into place.
I also think it would help immensely by placing the billions of dollars now frozen in tax-deductible (from the business) pension funds and retirement schemes which provide huge retirement benefits for CEOs and executives in major corporations.
I recognize that equality would not result as the highly-paid would still have the ability to save more for their old age, but I do think it would provide a more equitable base for those unfortunate enough to have worked for companies which failed or to have left the work force to raise children, etc.
This would also cut down on paperwork and administrative expenses by eliminating costly and time-consuming determination of eligibility based on income, amounts pain into the system, years of coverage, etc.
Thank you.