RE: Just a thought...

>From: Jeremy Kidd

Jeremy,

I was not attempting to evaluate the role of Federal gov't or private markets in SS reform. I was merely pointing out that your 'idea' did not resolve the 'problem' that Greenspan pointed out to you. I thought that was what you wanted comment on. Regardless of whether the solution is gov't or private, if it requires 'more savings' then that implies 'less spending or consumption', and your 'idea' provided neither. Not saying I have any grand solution that is better than yours, just some constructive criticism about why your idea does not solve the Greenspan problem.

It is not only you that I 'criticize'. Many are stating that just shifting the money from the SS trust fund to individual accounts invested in stocks will create additional savings. As Greenspan points out, that is not the case. But many with a 'free market view' have a problem understanding or admitting that.