RE:REDUCE WAGE BASE

to ZERO by eliminating the payroll tax.  Diddling with FICA taxes
is a sham that will not solve anything over the long-run.  We
should rethink the purpose of Social Security as a "Supplemental
Security Fund" that will raise the economic bar for citizens of
all ages to an acceptable standard of living.  I do not mean
poverty level standards.  We need to enhance these standards to
provide the means to acquire the basics of living.  This means that
there is a need for additional funds to raise the current levels
plus the increase required for eligible population increases.

The funds should be withdrawn from the wealth of the nation (GNP).
By taxing the Nation, everybody participates is supporting this
"Supplemental Security Fund" (Take the word Social out of the
lexicon because it scares the bejabbers out of Capitalists).  There
are several reasonable tax reform proposals on the table that can
serve this purpose.

The 20th century is history.  The 21st Century is in our heads
so clean out the cobwebs.  We got a whole new world out there.