RE: Reforms: Political Realities

>From: Andre Dermant

Here is an interesting quote form the above article about the CATO plan:

Note that Tanner is a co-author of the CATO plan which was the subject of the poll. Arnold is echoing the very problem I find with CATO: less than forthcoming about the drawbacks of their plan. Indeed, CATO supplies Op-Ed pieces to major newspapers asserting that women and the poor are the 'real victims' of the current SS system, when indeed those two groups are the primary beneficiaries of SS benefits formulas today. I am truly puzzled as to why CATO finds it necessary to do that. 'Shooting themselves in the foot' is the expression that comes to mind.

More from Arnold:

Any comments from CATO supporters?