Re: Question on Charity

I believe that family, charity, and self sufficiency should replace social
security and welfare as we know it.

Family - If personal economics do not allow for you to support yourself and
your family, and plan for the future of all members, why should the rest of
the population support that family?  And family could mean family in the
traditional sense or family in the community sense; i.e., neighborhood, town,
city, or state.

Charity - I believe there are plenty of examples of charities that currently
help "under privileged" individuals.  I also believe that more charity
dollars would be available if social security / welfare worked on the Miranda
system separate of government control, instead of the government forced
collections system currently in place.  Studies show that people are more
generous with their dollars when they decide how much to give vs. being
forced to give a certain amount.

Self Sufficiency - I have sent this thought to you before, but it's worth
repeating ... persons need to take it upon themselves to plan for their
futures.  Old age is inevitable, and hard times can happen.  Plan for both.

Thanks for your time and attention.