Re: Question on Charity

A well put question is already half answered.  There is no answer
that sustains itself in perpetuity. Our problem exists because we
prostitute the dialectic.

A servo-mechanism keeps us on target. ----- "The greatest good for
the greatest number".  Our purpose is not to oppose and to admonish
opposing views, but to incorporate them into a meaningful dialogue.

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis which demands the next thesis ad
infinitum .  Lest we become polorized as congress is apt to do.

The higher the base, the broader the base, the higher the pyramid.
I'm reminded of an old saying:  " There's two ways a person can
show their strength: one's pushing down and the other is pulling
up, now when you're pushing down you're right there in the muck
and mire yourself, but when you're pulling up, everybody is going
and growing."

This is not welfare but seeing that everyone is faring well. That
is our responsibility for having the privelege of being an American.

                My best to all of you!
                             Sincerely,

                             Earl L. Kerr