Immigration and Social Security

Is there a connection between Social Security reform and immigration policy? Since we will need more and younger workers to pay into the system to support the retirees and disabled, I assume that immigration can supply that pool of workers. How are different immigration scenarios factored into projections of the Social Security Trust Fund?

People tend to think that immigrants are an economic drain, but aren't they in reality an economic boon? Especially in regards to the Social Security system?