Maximum OASI Benefit Vs. Maximum OASI tax paid

I have put together some tables which show how much a person paying the maximum OASI tax each year would accure with a rate based on the prevaling US Treasury rate for year. I have also used the approximate life expectancy to calculate the annuity a privately invested OASI contribution would pay.

http://www.surfnet1.net/dadbill/maximum_oasi_paid.html

I have also created a table showing how much off one's needs should come from INCOME based on the number of years you think you will live in retirement and the number of years already in in retirement.

http://www.surfnet1.net/dadbill/tables/percent_income.html

If anyone would like to see this graphed, I can do it.

Sincerely,

Bill Larsen