RE: What are the values you would have underlie Social Security

What are the values you would have underlie Social Security? Simple old-fashioned American Values. Do you remember those? I do and I wasn't born until 1972, almost our bicentennial. In fact I wasn't even born in this great country. But still, I remember those values. You know the ones from the Declaration of Independence, The U.S. Constitution and our Bill of Rights. My family moved here in 1981, to Fairfax, Virginia (just outside of Washington DC). As a youth, I visited all of the monuments, Mt. Vernon, the University, last year I was married at Gunston Hall (home of George Mason, the author of the Bill of Rights. I appreciate the values of this nation because my home, Virginia has been at the center of our heritage and history - the first colony, home of the authors of our great documents, battle ground for the fight for Southern Independence, the list goes on. Those values are simple and true - Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness (and Property). Those are real values, American values; however, if you make those the underlying values of the OASDI (social security), you would have to get rid of it completely.