RE: Privatization?! Not for me!

I think that what folks have to understand about most of the
proposals for privatization of investment for the SS surplus is,
to invest in Index Funds requires no financial genious or even a
knowledge of the market.  John Bogle, Chairman of Vanguard and
considered an expert by most in the financial field and respected
by all, has said that the government could set up a financial panel
separate from the government and not controled by politicians to
oversee this investment and should be able to accomplish this with
costs around one tenth of a percent or less.  We who support surplus
investment in the market, do not advocate wild investment schemes
that put SS surplus funds at unnecessary risk.  Remember, the S &
P 500 (the market indicator of the leading 500 firms) has averaged
just under 11% over the last 60+ Years.  That even covers the 29
market crash.  Mac