Investing in Stocks

RE: Investing in Stocks

I'm not even going to bother to disect your latest. You take numbers from different time periods and apply them to several generations as though they applied to all. You choose to use whatever numbers seem to suit to serve your purpose and ignore others. This isn't a discussion, it is an attempt by some to blame current retirees for the sins of the CONGRESS and to lump all retirees in together as though they are the ones who are causing your problems and that they are, therefore, the ones who should be penalized. As I've said before, stop complaining about your short end of one stick and think about all the "long ends" that you have. You've got blinders on and all you can see is the one area where you are getting "screwed". It has been pointed out by me and by many others on this and the SS forum that you have MANY advantages that your predessors did not have, but there has been absolutely no acknowledgement of them. Stop and look at the overall picture. Unless you and others start analyzing with an open mind, this forum is going absolutely nowhere.