Investing in Stocks

Example of Treasury Snake Oil.

Here is the press release of 5/5/99 from our Treasury Dept.
I thought it might be instructive, given that james is clueless.
  http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/pr3132.htm
...We are paying down $116 billion of federal debt...It is a
great accomplishment for this Administration that we are now
reducing the debt...We have reduced privately held marketable
debt from approximately $3.1 trillion in March of 1997, to less
than $2.8 trillion -- a pay-down of $320 billion in just two years.
So, what do you think?  James, your order of snake oil from Clinton has just arrived!