HR 1043: an interesting irony

HR 1043 takes an important step beyond the admin proposal because it actually increases the revenues flowing into SS.
Mr Nadler and Ms Pelosi (who said east and west can't meet) have proposed that the wage base be raised to increase revenues. I think this should be part of the solution. The irony is that now the solvency of SS will depend on a large and increasing disparity in income. So I will watch to see if liberals can make a better case about closing the income gap.
By the way, I hope the moderator or another participant can provide some references for the facts given in 27.5 and 27.14.