RE: Are these plans timid?

Mr Arsinow:

Thank you for the info. I have not seen HR 874. Who is sponsoring it? I have seen Senator Grams bill S2552 which also contains the bold changes needed.

I agree that any attempt to hang on to the current system (other than to support those already receiving benefits) is foolish.

[Moderator's Note: Any of these bills can be found on the Library of Congress Web site, thomas.loc.gov. For the convenience of participants in the National Dialogue we will make copies of these bills available in the online Briefing Book. You will be able to use the Briefing Book button at the bottom of this page to find them. At the moment we have information on the Clinton and Archer/Shaw proposals, but we will be adding others later today.]