Archer-Shaw proposal

The third proposal that we would like to discuss is the Archer-Shaw proposal. I suggest that Representative Clay Shaw (Chairman of the Social Security Subcomittee of Ways and Means) first discuss his proposal, its advantages, and why he and Rep. Bill Archer chose the particular reforms that they did.

Then everyone can ask questions about the proposal. To help this forum proceed smoothly, please remember to make your questions short and polite. Thanks.

Also, please note that Congressman Shaw will be leaving today for the Memorial Day weekend at 12 noon, and will be returning to the discussion on Tuesday. I encourage you all to submit your questions and comments today.

Ron Gebhardtsbauer
Senior Pension Fellow
American Academy of Actuaries

PS: A description of the Archer-Shaw proposal can be found if you click on "position" under his name at the following website
http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/cl.html

Ron Gebhardtsbauer