Question on fed. Thrift SavingsPlan for Rep. Kolbe.

Jim, as you know I represent a national grassroots movement in Arizona called Economic Security 2000. I am so happy that you have show the courage to speak honestly on the Social Security issues. You have stated that TSP is made up of an index fund of equities, one of corporate bonds and one of treas. bills. There are about 125 million workers. Are you saying that workers will have only choices of some combination of those 3 funds? Wouldn't that open the equities fund to political manipulation with so much money concentrated in 3 funds where companies would be tempted to do whatever to get their company included in the index? What am I not understanding.

Carolyn Cox, Economic Security 2000