RE: Stock Market Returns

I would follow up on Congressman Kolbe's comments to point out that
both the President's plan and the plan by Representative Nadler
are dependent on stock market returns to make their plans work,
and the Social Security system would not be financially sound if
the stock market does not grow as fast as project.  On the other
hand, the Kolbe-Stenholm plan would work and Social Security would
remain financially sound regardless of what happens to the stock
market.  No individual is forced to put their funds in the stock
market under our plan, and our plan does not depend on stock market
growth to make our numbers add up.

Congressman Charlie Stenholm