IV-d And Social Security Administration

To all Honorable Representatives:

Under the Social Security Administration laws, which are listed in the U.S. Code, governing each state and allocates monies to each State to operate Child Support Enforcement departments.

A study and report issued by authors Fred Doolittle and Suzanne Lynn in May of 1998, shows how terrible Non-Custodial Parents are being treated by Child Support Enforcement departments. The document which is located at: http://aspe.os.dhhs.gov/hsp/isp/pfs/lowinc/toc.htm is entitled, Working with Low-Income Cases: Lessons for the Child Support Enforcement System from Parents' Fair Share.

In trying to be brief, I will not go further. My question is therefore, What is being done to alleviate the Financial devastation that non-custodial parents are experiencing at the hands of these departments and the laws which govern them?