RE: Long Lost Message: Questions for Mr. Ridgeway and Mr. Hart

I think the senator has done an outstanding job in conveying the
inherent problems with the current system, and the need for a long
term solution. Plain talk regarding this subject is long overdue.
It is important that we fix the problem as soon as possible and
stop the rhetoric. I believe that the Kolbe/Stenholm bill offers
the best solution. I believe it can withstand the intense scrutiny
that the senate will give the bill. I do not want to increase tax
burdens on my children, and the bill should avoid that scenario.
I believe that 12.4% percent is enough money to provide a safety
net, and supplemental retirement income for current and future
senior citizens. Personal accounts are the only way to go.  People
will take ownership of these accounts and invest the money in a
way that is comfortable to them. This is the key to the success of
this bill.  I will inform my home state senators and congressman
that social security reform is needed now, and I will expect them
to be part of the solution, and not part of the political problem.
I realize a vote on this could make many politicians nervous. So
be it.  I vote for people who will approach the issues thoughtfully
and deliberately, but at the end of the day I expect action to be
taken.  I will no longer accept political equivocation on this
matter. In summary, I appreciate Senator Judd's answers and look
forward to this reform becomming law.

Bernie Sundeen