Kolbe-Stenholm proposal (H.R. 1793)

Welcome to the National Dialogue Roundtable on Current Legislative
Proposals.

The first proposal that we would like to discuss is the Kolbe-Stenholm
proposal (H.R. 1793) - the 21st Century Retirement Security Act.
I suggest that Representatvies Jim Kolbe and Charles Stenholm
discuss the advantages of their proposal, and why they chose the
particular reforms that they did.

After, they respond, everyone can then ask questions and make
comments on the proposal.

Ron Gebhardtsbauer
Senior Pension Fellow
American Academy of Actuaries

PS:  We created a side-by-side chart that compares several Social
Security reform proposals at
    http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/gebhardtsbauer_paper1.html
for your information.  Let us know what you think of it.