RE: EPA-NIH: The Regulatory Gambit

Back in the early 90's, I had hopes that the concept of a National Institute for the Environment would lead to an information infrastructure that made the information I needed available and supported the development of our library. While this hasn't happened yet, and it is probably further off than I would like, it is still worth the effort under any name.

Even if we had an independent entity providing the infrastructure and access to quality environmental information from all sources, EPA will still need to adjust the way it makes its information available to accomodate the infrastructure. Maybe the EPA should work more closely with the IMLS towards this.