no return call

hello again from orange county ,new york

Currently, I am on a CAG(citizens advisory group) for a Article X (power plant) applicant.My previous environmental community involvement has focused mainly on Title V permits.So this is uncharted waters for me and I'm having difficulty navigating..plotting the correct course..finding the right need to know reference for the many questions I have. I'm feeling like a fish out of water with this permit. I will again share my experience ,so that I may learn something from the dialogue that will follow and you in return can see what the "general publics" real experience is when seeking information from local/state/federal agencies.

This past week I have been trying to ascertain the answer to the following questions.

1.How can I be able to determined if the stipulations went far enough.i.e.bact for large gas turbines used in electric power production..emissions offsets..ambient air quality analysis..health risk assessment..and other considerations.. How can I the "general public" trust the information and recommendations and where can I confirm/validate it thru an independent source.

2.How does one apply for the intervenor fund? How does one write a appropriate application for the intervenor fund? Who do I send it to..etc.?

Now this is what I've done so far...remember I have some previous experience..so I'm a little ahead of the "general public".

I called the applicant.
I called the PSC(Public Service Comm.).
I called my regional office of the NYS DEC.
I called the main office of the NYS DEC.
I email and called my local Environmental Watchdog Group.
I email the general email address of the NYS DEC.
I went on line ..search under power plants stipulations..
...article x...power plants..etc
I called the public library..going there tomorrow
I called the NYPIRG.
I called a colleague on the CAG.
I called my town's supervisor.

Three out of 11 I had some luck with..luck is defined as will call me back..referred me on..and in one instance was very informative and helpful.I'll let you all take a quess as to who was the most helpful and responsive.

Tomorrow..what am I SAYING..I MEAN LATER ON TODAY,I WILL TRY AGAIN. MAYBE I'LL GET SOME RETURN CALLS..YEAH RIGHT!
GOOD NIGHT
DEBORAH GLOVER