Why doesn't EPA post more envt'l/health studies?

I was really struck by Tom Hughes' point that EPA should be much more active in posting peer reviewed environmental research and information. We've made the same suggestion to EPA's IRIS staff -- since the IRIS database is so incredibly out of date (average: 10 years) and can't keep up with the scientists, simply let people post references for others to see -- the Agency doesn't have to endorse them. The IRIS staff floated this idea to the rest of the Agency and it was vetoed -- people might be confused. This is outmoded thinking.