US:PA-3: Re: Week Three - compiling a list of essential resources

Re: Week Three - compiling a list of essential resources

Barbara W. Cole (bwc@unix1.stlib.state.pa.us)
Wed, 01 Oct 1997 10:41:54 -0700

Bob Carlitz wrote:

> In the present week let's try to identify ongoing resources that
> Pennsylvania schools and libraries will need to make the Universal
> Service discount program a success.  I can think of a few, which
> I'll list below.  Please add others that you regard as important.
> The following list is structured as a set of necessary resources
> and activities, with a number of questions associated with the
> implementation of each item.
>
>         2- Application forms and step by step procedures.  So
>         far the FCC has not released its application forms or
>         defined the specific procedures it will require.  We
>         can deduce the general format likely to be provided
>         from materials in the US:PA Resource Library.
>                 - Applicants will need step by step information
>                   to guide them through the procedure.
>                 - Can the PA Department of Education make
>                   this material available?
>                 - Who will handle this task and how
>                   expeditiously will it be taken care of?

The Office of Commonwealth Libraries is providing assistance to libraries
about application procedures.  Libraries may call the Library Development
Office and speak to their library district liaison.

--
Barbara W. Cole
Library Development Office