Back to Pittsburgh I-Net Home
Debate & Discuss
Message Archive

Council Public Hearing

When the City of Pittsburgh and AT&T released the details relating to the
Cable Franchise Agreement the membership of the I-Net Working Group was very
disappointed. We were disappointed because there was very little in the
Franchise agreement for the schools, libraries and museums, and the
non-profits.

Since the release of the Franchise Agreement intense discussion has occurred
with AT&T to shape school, library and museum, and community access. The
outcome to those discussions appear to be moving in a very positive
direction. The leadership of the I-Net Working Group is hopeful that by the
end of today a complete understanding with AT&T will have been established.

It will be this understanding that will shape what our presentations at the
City Council public hearing on Wednesday at 2 p.m. KEEP AN EYE TO YOUR E-MAIL
FOR UPDATES ON DEVELOPMENTS.

If you have not already signup up to speak you need to do it now by calling
255-2142 and registering.

Swift Search Quick Questions Fast Facts Debate and Discuss Briefing Book