Re: Scalable Technical Architecture, etc.,

Margaret Honey (mhoney@tristram.edc.org)
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:14:56 -0400

Hi Bob and others -

Many thanks for your detailed answer.  The model you raise is very
compelling and makes lots of sense.  I am curious about a couple of things.
First, what do people think of Bob's suggestion that the model they have
developed may challenge traditional centralized bureaucracies? I can
imagine this arising as an issue for several of the school districts we
have been involved with.  The other thing I'm curious about is do you
standardize client-side applications, or is this left up to individual
sites?  We have found that it greatly simplifies things to have everyone
using the same email program , browser, etc.  Training is easier to do and
support is easier to provide.

I look forward to hearing from you all -
Margaret