The True Goal of Reform

Social Security reform should not be about "Saving Social Security" or about the "bankruptcy" of Social Security in the year 2034. If we focus only on these themes, we will definitely save the "System" and do our people a great disservice and harm. We need to reform Social Security from a pay-as-you-go system that was created out of the necessity of the Great Depression to a fully-funded system that can once again make us a great nation capable of taking on bold new endeavors that now seem only be in our past.

Walter Hart