Once again, polictical leadership is lacking.

It appears we are probably wasting our valuable time here on this
forum. Once again, our fearless leaders are pointing fingers at
each other and once again, the American people get screwed.

>From the NFIB Web site:

Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott says that consideration of
Social Security reform on Capitol Hill will not happen this year.
Lott blames President Clinton for not advancing a plan for reform
while the White House blames Republicans for not taking up an
administration plan or advancing one of their own.

On an ABC television appearance, Lott said, "I don't see (Social
Security) happening this year, because I don't believe the
president will really honestly address it." Both parties made
Social Security reform their top priority when the 106th Congress
began.

Politicking is getting in the way of a legislative solution, with
both parties unwilling to forward their proposals without some
cover from the other party.

End of news story.

So, Lott has decided that he will drive the stake through SS reform
during this session of Congress. Who does he think he is? I hope
he doesn't think he's a leader. He's a do nothing; like many other
lifers in government.

How about taking the bulls by the horn, Mr. Lott? Why do you have
to wait for Bill to show you his before you show him your yours?
Have you ever heard of "lead, follow, or get out of the way?" I
suggest you get out of the way.

Does any current Republican leader have what it takes to address
the tough problem of SS reform? NO! And as far as I'm concerned,
I've heard enough of Bill's ideas to know they won't work. I sure
don't want government investing and controlling my money in the
stock market.

Where does that leave us? We'll continue to participate in these
type of forums and our "leaders" will sit back and review our
comments for the next year or so. Then, next year, they'll have
analyzed them enough to come up with some bone-head schemes that
they think we'll buy into. As usual, there'll be something for
everyone. But, you can bet the farm that they won't give us any
more control over our own retirement monies. They'll have skewed
polls to back their positions and they'll have the support of AARP
and so on and so on.

I really wish Mr. Lott would take a few days out of his "busy"
schedule to drop by here and let us talk to him about why he has
no guts to face tough issues. I am so sick and tired of the way
these people do business.

Where have all the leaders gone?

Remember Congress members, you still have to be elected to keep
those cushy jobs you have.

Richard Arnold