RE: Explain Social Security plans

The operative term here is, 'projected'

Face it, the government is in debt (to the tune of several trillion dollars) and
the 'projected' surpluses will never appear for any significant period of time.
This sounds like nothing more than a "put the problem off till later" approach.

Better to deal with the fundamental issue now: Why shouldn't people be able to
control their own money and have responsibility for their own retirement? And
what business does the government have running a coerced Ponzi scheme in the
first place?

As for "resonating with the people", what people are you talking about? It
certainly doesn't resonate with me or anyone that I know.