RE: Reality Check

>From: Don Hutchison

Nothing could be further from the truth than that last statement. You clearly have no clue how the system works. The taxpayer debt COMES FROM GENERAL FUND BORROWING, not from FICA tax receipts. If the general fund next year did no deficit spending, the trust fund would have more gov't bonds but the total taxpayer debt WOULD NOT INCREASE. The public debt would go down to offset the increase in internal debt to the SSTF. Don't you understand the basic financial concept that the debt obligation comes from borrowing. The lender does not 'cause' the obligation. If the general fund continues its deficit spending, even if we ended the FICA tax, total taxpayer debt would go up by the same amount that it does now.