Reality Check

By 1935 law, all surplus SS money goes to the general fund.
It is spent quickly but also quickly added to the national debt.
This law has not been changed or even considered to be changed, as
far as I know. Talk in 1999 about how to spend the "surplus" seems
to have little knowledge of the fact that the money came from SS FICA payments,
went to the general fund and was added to the SS "trust fund" debt.
This compounds the billions of interest we pay annually from Fed. Income Tax.