Raising retirement age

I am not sure why people insist that raising the retirement age or
increasing the wage ceiling is the way to fix social security. If
we privitize social security as is seen in Chile You would be able
to determine your own retirement age. I saw in a previous comment
that raising the wage ceiling would add 180 Billion to the trust
fund(supposed,unfunded fund). Adding this money to already not
there would just give Congress more money to waste.If you were
adding that money to your own fund would increase your monthly
benefit.Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Mike Mason