RE: Questions for Sam Beard:"Investor's License"

Andre:

When personal retirement accounts are included in Social Security,
every working American will become an investor.  Education will be
key for workers to understand their assets and to plan for their
own retirement.

ES 2000 supports leveling the investment playing field by ensuring
that all Personal Retirement Accounts through Social Security are
professionally managed; for Social Security, we should rely on the
proven track record of professional investment managers.

If we limit individual choice to the picking of a government approved
investement manager, we can minimize risk and keep down the
administrative cost of each account.  A good system will mimic the
success of defined-contribution plans throughout the United States
and around the world, which rely on highly trained investors.

Sam