RE: Equity Investment

>From: Ben Glover

Unfortunately, just redirecting a dollar from the SS Trust Fund (or payroll taxes) to the equity markets does not do this. To the extent that that dollar would have reduced gov't public debt by a dollar, the gov't will pull an equivalent dollar from the capital markets (i.e. investment pool).

To increase the investment pool, the dollar must come on top of the current payroll taxes and on top of an individual's current savings. It must come from current consumption.