Investing in Stocks

Real investment VS SS Fantasy.

A real investment is where you put $ into a bank or brokerage for
the purpose of increasing your assets. You go back months or years
later and get your investment plus interest . Or, you could have
some loss. A fantasy investment is where this bank or brokerage
(or SSTF) tells you, "We're sorry but we don't have your $. We gave
it all to our favorite charities, Everything that government spends
$ for, we gave it to them. You now owe us your total investment
with us, plus annual interest. When you and/or current workers/investors
pay us what you owe us, we will then pay you.

You would NEVER allow this to happen in the "private sector." This
is why our gov't put Chas. Ponzi into prison in the "20's" But this
is precisely what SS does. Why do we treat it as a real
insurance/welfare/redistribution/whatever system?

As Dan Casey said fifty years ago, the more we pay in, the more we
owe. We owed $16 billion then. We owe close to $1trillion now. Mr.
Reischauer told us at the beginning of this forum that in 15 or 20
more years, the current workers would owe 3 or 4 trillion.
Skyrocketing. And then, current workers will have to pay it all
back, in addition to our present taxes.

Or, perhaps the Fed Res will just print trillions of paper $.
Whatever is done, young people are not going to like it.

Many questions arise which should be discussed.  It will require
a forum which will last much longer than this one.

REMEMBER:   A REAL  investment adds to your assets,
                        NOT to your debt.