Investing in Stocks

Andy Lang - A National Treasure

Andy Lang, a hero. I think you have what it takes to pull us together, through the strife ahead. To help us create a system beneficial to taxpayers. (TP's) To put an end to the "cash cow" Congress has had for 65 years. To Increase the level of economic understanding of young and old. About how wealth is really created and how wealth is destroyed and the TP's investments magically transformed into TP debt by the law set up years ago to govern the SS "Trust Fund."

Daniel Casey, in 1948, 51 years ago complained that our national debt had been increased by $16 billion, just by having the SocSec law on the book for the previous decade. (Slash Those Taxes, An Eagle Book, Duell, Sloan and Pearce.) If you have this or can find it, let me know. We might start a Dan Casey fan club. Taxes were incredibly high in 1948. What would they have said if they knew what 1999 was like?

It was common in the 40's and 50's to hear people comment that there were so many billions of $ in the SS Trust Fund (SSTF) that it would be impossible to ever spend them all. They had no way of knowing that the billions had already been spent. Their money had been spent by those they trusted most. Congress.
Their retirement money was now owed, in total, plus annual interest, by everyone working in