Investing in Stocks

RE: Discussion Questions

I would welcome another major stock market downturn. Since I
have over 30 years left to invest, the downturn would offer me
an opportunity to increase my long term return by buying inlow.
You have too much cash if you are waiting to buy in low. Since investing since 1973, I have done it several ways. One is buy and hold. One is to tactical trade (daily) very good in the 70's. One is to buy every month. One is to sell at a predetermined set point.

The results. I have beat the market every year. Tactical trading is great and makes great returns, however, it requires 100% of your time. Buy and hold is good and requires little time. Buy every month and hold is also good. Sell at a predetermined set point requires you to stick to the set point and not be greedy.

If you do not want risk, just buy a junk bond like the United States Treasury note or US Savings bond. A person making minimum wage could beat what OASI will pay by 39% investing in these!

http://www.surfnet1.net/dadabill/part_2.html

As is said. Bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaughtered.