Investing in Stocks

RE: Opening statement--investment in stocks, bonds etc

>From: Javier Jimenez

Not at all. You completely mis-state the context. He was advocating a public works jobs program. Somebody doctored the quote to indicate that it related to unfunded SS and other entitlements. That was not what he was talking about at all.

So was FDR saying people were entitled to public works jobs? Of course not. He was saying the national spirit would improve if people worked in exchange for their income. He was not implying that people shouldn't get a break. Just the opposite.