Investing in Stocks

Management fees

I would like to thank Carolyn Weaver for her comments. I think that management fees of private investments would be competed for much as 401K monies are now. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in fact lower due to the potential size of the investment that is involved. The private investment funds are in this for the money and they are competing against companies just as hungry for our money. As we can see from any free market situation (computer industry) when there is competition companies have to keep prices low or they lose market share. I'm just not sure why Bob thinks that the government would invest more efficiently then the private markets. Thank you everyone this is a great debate and hopefully something good comes from it.
Mike Mason