The President's Proposal

The seventh proposal that we would like to discuss is the President's
proposal.  I suggest that Representative Pomeroy first discuss the
proposal and its advantages.

Then everyone can ask questions about the proposal.  To help this
forum proceed smoothly, please remember to make your questions
short and polite.  Thanks.

Ron Gebhardtsbauer Senior Pension Fellow American Academy of
Actuaries

PS     A description of the President's proposal can be found at
http://www.network-democracy.org/social-security/nd/rt/gebhardtsbauer_paper1.htm
which is our side-by-side chart that compares several Social Security
reform proposals.