Adding State employees

There have been proposals to force through mandatory deductions ,state and and other excluded groups to join social security. This is at the same time that some states are trying to withdraw from social security, most notably Oregon. I have two questions of our panelists. Number one is: Why do our elected officals feel it is necessary to require mandatory perticipation in a system that pays below inflation returns? Number two is: Do our panelists think that other states will try to withdraw from social security and what will the federal government do if it gets taken to the Supreme Court based on the 10th amendment? I still think that none of the proposals allow a high enough percentage of social security TAXES to be contributed to private accounts. Thank You for your comments.