More Questions????

1) Since 84% of the workers contributions will remain under the unfunded system, what guarantee do we, the young workers have that the system will not run into the same problems we are seeing today? This is not the first time that previous political decisions assured the taxpayers of ss long-term solvency, and it isn't the first time the system is becoming insolvent. Should we continue down the failed path of the past, or should we move onto a new one that will provide freedom and security to all workers?
2) In the past, there were lots of workers supporting fewer beneficiaries, the low payroll taxes paid were, perhaps, a good deal for workers generations ago; however, today's workers pay 12.4% in contributions; a larger number of beneficiaries makes the return on those contributions, negative in the near future, and the possibility of matching the returns of past generations nil. Should we hold younger workers liable for a contract made without having any representation? Should they pay for the "good" returns of past beneficiaries and those they will support knowing that their contributions are not going to give them the returns they could garner somewhere else? Should they be totally liable for the liabilities accrued by SS on the behest of past generations? Or should we now say "The buck stops here...", end the unfunded system, start fully funding a new one, and pay the price that needs to be paid which requires taking care of the promises made in the past? This is the cost of transition, shouldn't we pick the tough choice and do it NOW?