Effect on current bneficiaries

To each panelist who has or will be presenting a plan:

If you have not already done so by the time this is posted, please answer the following with respect to your plan's impact on present and near future beneficiaries. For explanation of my concerns, please refer to my posting of 5/25 titled: A "Retiree's" Perspective:

1. How would it affect present benefit levels?
2. Would it establish means testing? It so, at what level? Would that level be AFTER recognized IRS deductions? Would that level be inflation indexed?
3. Would the present structure of benefit taxation be changed? If not, at the very least, please explain the rational for: a.) taxing up to 85% of benefits of so called "higher income" beneficiaries when they are already receiving a negative rate of return. b.) the present low threshold levels, which aren't even indexed for inflation. c.) not even allowing recognized IRS deductions in determining the taxable amount.
4. Would a realistic CPI be used that would reflect the typical retiree's actual market basket?

Thank you.

Marvin K. Rohrs, P.E.