A Welcome Forum

I wish to congratulate ADSS and Information Renaissance (a Pittsburgh, PA-based organization) for convening this timely and necessary forum on the future of our most vital social program. I wholeheartedly agree with my colleague Rep. Mark Sanford that af ter a year of open dialogue, it is time for the country to act on sustainable and equitable Social Security reform. It is my hope that all participants can come to recognize the fact that Social Security's problem's are real, have been studied extensivel y, and the sooner we act, the more manageable will be the solutions.

Senator Rick Santorum