RE: EPA Supporting Libraries

Tom,

You have provided some nice commentary during this dialogue.

I hope that one of the things the EPA gleans from this effort is
that while they be a big fish in the pond they are not the only
fish in the pond. I don't mean to sound as though EPA assumes it
is the definitive source of information about the environment.

While it is a MAJOR source of information, EPA can gain a great
deal by linking to other repositories of environmental (including
the ecological data collected) from other federal agencies and
state and county agencies that are in many instances left to do
the grass-roots data provision in complinace to federal
regulations and requirements.

Fred Stoss
University at Buffalo